Step 1. Initial Consultation:
We take a comprehensive history of your problem:
- What is the main discomfort description?
- How long has it been going on for?
- How bad is it?
- What triggered it? Possible contributing factors: extended computer use, contact lens wear, age, medications, underlying health problems, diet etc
- Photos are taken of the eyelid assessing the redness, amount of swelling, presence or absence of eyelash crusts, amount of tears.
- Infra-red photos of the eyelid glands (Meibomian glands) are taken and assessed.
- Blink rate and tear film quality is assessed by video.
- Eyelids may be manipulated to see the amount and quality of the oil produced by the glands.
- A test for tear salinity may be performed.
Assessment of Meibomian gland for quality and quantity of tear lipid.
An individual plan is suggested which may include heat packs, cool packs, massage, eyelid cleansers, eyelash scale removal, steam treatment, more appropriate eye drops, Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) treatment.
Instructions are given on how to use your take-home package.
BlephEx eyelid treatment
Book an appointment now to find out if we can help you.